let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Jamaica
3 Bed, 2 bathrooms house plus office with powder room, kitchen, living and dining room, front and back patio, enclosed laundry room, spacious walk-in closet, and outdoor storage room. This 2400 sq ft home with beautiful gardens and spacious back yard sits on 11900 sq ft land and comes with water heaters, water tank with pressure pump and outdoor lighting. The home sits on 11900 sq ft of well fruited land with...
Grow what you eat and eat what you grow is a global trend. This 23 acre is situated in Hampstead St Mary, a short driving distance to the beautiful white sand beaches and only 1.8km from the main road, the property has easy access to the Port Maria shopping area with banks, supermarkets, hospital. With the recent opening of the Ian Flemming International Airport in St Mary, a tourism belt has been declared al...
This 1/3 acre (13910 sq ft) residential lot is located within walking distance to the beautiful white sand beach of Duncan's Bay in close proximity to the villas at the exclusive gated Silver Sands Estates. The area has easy access to the North Coast Highway and is approximately 40 minutes from both Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. It is ideal for a vacation family home or investment property in the growing parish ...
This new construction split level 575 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital on Grove Road. It is uniquely positioned close to the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and of...
This new construction split level 569 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital on Grove Road. It is uniquely positioned close to the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and of...
This new construction split level 558 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital on Grove Road. It is uniquely positioned close to the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and of...
This new construction split level 563 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital on Grove Road. It is uniquely positioned close to the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and of...
This new construction split level 865 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital on Grove Road. It is uniquely positioned close to the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and of...
25,000 sq ft warehouse plus office space on 3.24 acres of flat land, loading ramp and shutter door. The property was previously a hosiery factory and later on a cement distribution plant. It is ideally located on the Bull Bay main road along with other warehouses close by and is perfect for a manufacturing, large retail or distribution center serving eastern Jamaica. The major road infrastructure works curren...
Single family 6 bedroom house with office situated on 12593 sq ft well fruited land in the peaceful community of Orangefield, Ewarton, St Catherine. The property is fully fenced and comes with 2 water tanks, rabbit cage, a goat or chicken cage to rear you own small livestock for consumption. Trees on the property are avocado, pimento, guava, guinep, ackee, banana, orange, breadfruit, apple, mango, sour sop an...
Breathtaking views of the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea from this gently sloping 0.37 acre residential lot. Beside the lot is common area available for use by this lot and all amenities are available in the area. The lot is located in the well maintained gated development of Paradiso with only a short drive to restaurants, white sand beaches and shopping areas. The development has an active home associatio...
This new construction split level 538 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital on Grove Road. It is uniquely positioned close to the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and of...
2 bedroom 1 bathroom ground floor apartment centrally located in a gated complex. Easy access to public transportation and close to Pricemart and Lees Food Fair
This spacious 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment is in close proximity to the Ocho Rios town center. The apartment complex has an on-site property manager, daytime groundsman security, night time security guard and cctv. Relax by the swimming pool with easy walk to your ground floor apartment with a large basement. Modern fixtures and fittings would add to the ambiance and comfort of what could be your vacation r...
This new construction split level 795 sq ft unit is located in a 24 hour secured 15 unit commercial complex located across the road from Medical Associates Hospital. It is uniquely positioned between the New Kingston, Half Way Tree and Cross Roads, Kingston Jamaica business districts with easy access. The mezzanine floor plan and height of approximately 24 feet allows for full use of the space for storage and...
Approximately 1000 sq ft of commercial shop currently being operated as an auto parts retail store. The shop is being sold with all the fixtures, fittings and inventory. Space for water storage on the roof and the shop has its own water and light meters. The inventory list available on request. Maintenance of $23,300 covers security for the Plaza, common area lighting and maintaining of the common area.
Spacious unfurnished 2-bedroom, 2 1/2-bathroom apartment in the gated community of Norbrook Estates with 24 hour security. This 6th floor apartment provided an awesome panoramic view of the Kingston waterfront, Kingston city and mountains. The complex features a tennis court, swimming pool, play ground for the kids and adequate parking facilities.
11200 sq ft high visibility three Storey building with basement located in the busy business mecca of New Kingston. This commercial building provides a wide range of opportunities, and the building is in close proximity to the Porsche Dealership, Starbucks, Marriott Hotel, Pegasus Hotel, Chris Gayle Triple Century Sports Club to name a few. There is a service entrance to the rear of the building for deliverie...
Water is the new gold, and these 120 acres of flat land has access to three sources being a river, irrigation canal and National Water Commission. Additionally, available is subdivision approval for 10 acre lots. The property can be accessed from the Clarendon Park main road across from Murray's Fish and Jerk Center or via the Mount Toolies Road passing the Rita Marley property. All amenities are available in...
4.16 acres of lush land in the cool quiet community of Elgin Hall, Lillyfield, Bamboo, St. Ann. The property is easily accessible with a panoramic view of the hills and ocean with a few residence in close proximity. All amenities are available in the area and the property is approximately 3 minutes from the Bamboo to Browns Town main road and is accessed via the road beside the bus stop in the pictures
This lot is located in the beautiful hill of Culloden by the Sea, gated community. It boasts a wonderful ocean view, as well as fruit trees and access to water and electricity. Less than five minutes you have access to the private white sanded beach (which is partly owned by each owner living within the gated community) allowing for swimming, scuba diving and jet skiing.
6 bedroom 3 bathroom house with three units in the Vineyard Town Community. The property consists of one 3 bed 1 bath, one 2 bed 1 bath and one 1 bed 1 bath. All three units are currently rented. The tenants are however not allowing internal viewing at this time.
The split level apartment # 4 has 2 bedrooms upstairs, combined living and dining rooms, open concept kitchen, powder room and side patio at ground level with laundry room at basement level. Amenities for the complex include water tank and electronic gate. The property is located in a cul-de-sac in the quiet upscale neighbourhood of Norbrook. It is in close proximity to a golf club, schools, shopping centers,...
Affluent neighborhood of Beverly Hills, Kingston 6, Jamaica. This property is perfectly situated in a cul-de-sac with an awesome view of the beautiful mountains, Kingston Harbor and a 300 degree view of Kingston city. It is located within minutes from restaurants, shopping centers, medical facilities and this 7 bedroom 7 bath home sits on fairly flat 0.95acres It features a large kitchen that easily flows to ...
Unfurnished 2 bed 2 1/2 bath ground floor apartment in the 24 hour secured Sandhurst Oasis, This 1018 sq ft open concept living / dining area extends into the kitchen that comes with electric stove, microwave and refrigerator. The complex with only eight units is located in a quiet Kingston 6 residential community in close proximity to the Liguanea and Barbican shopping areas. .
Are you & your children tired of living in a clustered apartment complex with no yard space to play or have friends over for a barbecue? Well come on over & move right away into this charming 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms newly renovated house with great yard space, lush green grass & fruit trees, located in a quiet neighborhood Kgn 10. This spacious home has an open concept living/dining/kitchen, air-conditioning,...Listed by KELLER WILLIAMS JAMAICA
Nicely furnished 3 bedroom 4 1/2 bathroom townhouse on 3 levels with staff accommodations, water tank, a/c units and fans in all the bedrooms. Amenities include a tennis court, pool and 24 hr. security. This unit has a loft suitable for storage or a play area for children. The basement can be used as a home office and has a spacious entertainment area. Located in the quiet, cool and family-oriented community ...Listed by COLDWELL BANKER JAMAICA REALTY
Feel secure as you commute to banks, pharmacies, food courts, supermarkets, bill payment and utility payment centers from your centrally located apartment. Then after the long day just enjoy a rest on either of two the balconies. Move in ready, all conveniences taken care of.Listed by KELLER WILLIAMS JAMAICA
Wonderful fixer-upper with tons of potential. This tri-story house spanning appx 3,000 sq. ft. sits on appx 0.24 acres of lush, well-fruited land in the sought after Kingston 9 community of Stony Hill. Main floor features large living room, expansive kitchen and dining area, family room, a bedroom and bathroom. The top floor houses a second bedroom with ensuite bathroom, study/office and the master bedroom wi...Listed by CENTURY 21 HEAVE HO PROPERTIES
This property is approximately quarter acre in size. It is located in a quiet area and is ideal to build your dream house on.Listed by SCOTT'S REALTY LTD
This spacious 4 bed 2 bath single level home is situated in a cul-de-sac and is only a few minutes from schools, churches, restaurants and shops in Highgate town center. This property has covered patio, covered enclosed garage, living, dining and large entertainment room and is complemented by the well fruited property with mangoes, cherry, guava, apple, banana, coconut, breadfruit trees with elevated water t...
This very spacious ground floor single level 2 bedroom 2.5 bathroom apartment is fully grilled, air conditioned with water heater, ceiling fans and electronic security feature. The gated complex has a shared swimming pool and is in walking distance to Manor Park. Golf course is close by along with banks, pharmacies, supermarkets, Prep. and High Schools.
Large Conference Center in St. Elizabeth, the only one of its kind, this property sits opposite the boutique Idlers Rest Hotel, which boasts the reputation magnificent service and well run functions to date. It consists of two buildings with building 1 comprising of a spacious conference hall with numerous windows for natural light and ventilation, complete with large industrial a/c units, two bathrooms, a pa...Listed by KELLER WILLIAMS JAMAICA
Are you ready to enjoy the hidden gem called Friendship Heights (Boston Bay Area) in Fairy Hill, Portland? Well here is 1/2 of an acre ready to build on flat land with view of the ocean in a quiet residential upscale community. This land can be yours to start building your family home or Villa. Call for more details.Listed by KELLER WILLIAMS JAMAICA
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Realtors Association of Jamaica who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Real Estate Board of JamaicaThe following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Please see below estimated cost associated with purchasing a property in Jamaica
|Stamp Duty (1/2)||$2,500**|
|Cost of Agreement for Sale||*0.20%|
|G.C.T on Charge for Agreement of Sale||0.033%|
|Surveyors Fee (See Below)|
|G.C.T on Charge for Surveyors Fee|
|G.C.T on Attorney's Fee||*0.49%|
|Letter of Possession||$7,500***|
|Approximate Sub - Total Cost||*3.98%|
|If purchaser requires a mortgage||*6.00%|
|Approximate Total Cost||*9.97%|
** Stamp duty total is $5,000.00 which is split between vendor and purchaser.
(A) CASH SALES
- On deposit of 10% - 20% of the selling price, and upon signing of the sales agreement, the transaction commences
- Stamp Office - approximately 3 weeks for stamping documents
- If sales agreement indicates balance is payable on signing Registrable Transfer (as opposed to balance being payable on the transfer of title), then COMPLETION MAY BE ACHIEVED WITHIN 30 DAYS
This situation, however, is highly unlikely and hardly ever occurs. A more reasonable time expectation is 90 days.
To accomplish a shorter time frame, however, factors to consider:-
- That all funds are in hand and available
- where are funds?
- ensure funds not tied up on deposit.
- That vendor and purchaser are on the island
- if either is overseas, the requirement to send documents abroad adds considerably more time
- That premises are vacant
- if tenanted, tenants require notice
- if monthly tenants, 30 days notice from the due date is required and should be served prior to the due date
- Purchaser's attorney to carry out title search before signing of the sale agreement and paying the deposit
- If the stamp office wants to value the property this can cause a delay
(B) SALES CONDITIONAL UPON MORTGAGE
Realistically - consider 5 - 6 months
- First, confirm qualifications for a mortgage - can you qualify by yourself or by combining with another party/parties? Acquire a list of all information and documents, which shall be required by the mortgage company.
- Ascertain the date of their meetings for approving applications. If you miss the date, their following meeting may not be held for a further 4 - 6 weeks.
- It can sometimes take 45 days to receive a letter of commitment.
- All funds must be accounted for before your attorney can provide his letter of undertaking to vendor's attorney.
- This transaction may involve as many as four attorneys, one for the purchaser, one for the vendor, one for your mortgage company, one for the company with the current mortgage to be discharged. Documents have to travel back and forth extensively.
- If stamp office wants to value the property this can cause further delay!
THUS ALTHOUGH COMPLETION MAY BE HOPED FOR IN 3 - 4 MONTHS, IT IS MORE USUAL THAT THE PROCESS TAKES 5 - 6 MONTHS.
1. Taking instructions from the Vendor.
2. Taking details from the Purchasers.
3. Obtaining a copy of the Certificate of Title.
5. Preparing the Agreement for Sale and submitting same to the Purchasers Attorney and in some instances, the Vendor, before submitting same to the Purchasers Attorney.
6. Settling differences before the finalization of the Agreement.
7. Finalization of the Agreement and providing copies to the parties of the Agreement.
8. Sending the Agreement to the Stamp Office and obtaining a tax certificate and up to date water rates receipt.
9. Checking with the mortgage company to obtain a mortgage commitment.
10. Writing to the company holding the security to obtain the Certificate of Title and Discharge of Mortgage.
11. Preparation of statements of account for the Vendor and Purchaser.
12. Preparation of the transfer.
13. Cross-stamping the transfer.
14. Obtaining a letter of undertaking from the firm responsible for registering the mortgage.
15. Sending documents to the Mortgagors Attorney.
16. Preparing, stamping and registering the mortgage with the transfer.
17. Submitting documents to the Titles Office.
18. Collecting the relevant Certificate of Title.
19. Submitting the same for payment.
20. Preparation of final accounts.
21. Paying off the mortgage, utilities if any and balance of sale price the Vendors Attorney.
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
|Vendors Costs (Approximately)|
|Transfer Tax (Full)||2.00%|
|Stamp Duty (1/2)||$2,500**|
|Cost of Agreement for Sale (1/2)||*0.20%|
|G.C.T on Agreement for Sale||*0.033%|
|G.C.T on Commission||0.83%|
|G.C.T Attorney's Fees||*0.49%|
|Letter of Possession||$7,500***|
|Approximate Total Cost||11.80%|
I have always enjoyed finding a solution and my career as a Realtor, compliments my desire to finding the best solution for my clients.
After years of handling medium to large corporate accounts in the Banking sector, I bring my expertise in finance and relationship management into the Real Estate world.
I have had my Real Estate license over 20 years and am the Broker for Marlene Williams Realty Limited where I am licensed for sales, rental, property management and auctioneering of real estate.
My background has fostered a level of professionalism, reliability and integrity that ensures smooth and amicable dealings. I am a Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) and a Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS).